Friday 19 August 2011

Classic Cars and Classic Cameras

If there's one thing I love almost as much as a classic film camera, it's a classic car. So imagine my delight when I discovered recently that there would be a large classic car show very near to where I live. Go ahead, try to imagine that. Good.

Well what else was I to do, but bung some film in my trusty Canon AE-1 and head out to make the most of it? Little did I know that my 'trusty' Canon has developed a light leak. Oh well, it was a good day all the same. Here are some shots.

I'll start with the Landrovers because I absolutely love them. In the past I've had a 1972 Series 3, a 1991 Discovery, and I currently have a 1986 Ninety. So seeing these two as we entered the show started the afternoon well. I bet you're wondering which Landy I'd like next right? Answer... A series 2. Best looking of the lot.

Everyone loves a Beetle, especially a Herbie replica. Ocho!

You might like to know that I apart from Landrovers, I also adore the classic mini. None of this new fangled BMW mini business (even though it was designed by Rover). The oldies are the best. I've had a couple over the years. I used to have one that looked a little like this. It was certainly the same colour, although mine had the wideboy arches, big wheels, and was rally prepped. Sadly, I got rid of it to get a MK1 Ford Fiesta that I still have. It looks almost like the blue van in the next shot.

Mine had slightly different wheels, and it isn't the van variant, but other than that, it's very similar. Truth be told, the van here is in much better condition than mine. Still... the MK1 Ford Fiesta is a super cool little car. I've always had something for angular cars for some reason.

I'll leave you with a couple of big cats to drool over. I've never had a Jag, and don't know that I'll ever want one. I can appreciate the design, especially of the E Type, but my Mrs says they're cock substitutes, and you just can't argue with a womans logic.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment