Monday 9 April 2012

I'm In Love

So, I'm in love. She's quite a bit older than me, but I've seen her around before and I knew I just had to have her. I mentioned her in my last post. Her name is Pen. Olympus Pen... EE3. The most heavenly name to ever grace my ears. She's perfect in every way. A real class act. A fantastic performer. Best of all, she's so petite, I can take her everywhere with me. She fits neatly in my pocket like it was always meant to be. It's a match made in heaven!

Right, so now you all think I'm mad, but in all seriousness. I love this camera! It's such a nifty little piece of kit, and it's really really versatile. I took it with me on a recent Prague trip for it's test run and I wasn't disappointed. I'm really pleased with the results I've had back. The PEN seems to have handled all the various lighting conditions really well, and the images are of a really high quality considering they're half frame. It's a neat little street shooter. Here's a few 'street' style examples.

It does landscapes and stuff pretty well too. It's captured the atmosphere of the place well I think.

Prague is a beautiful city, with plenty of amazing architecture as you can see. However, an architectural connoisseur I am not. One thing I am a fan of though is classic cars, and Prague has it's fair share of those. However, I got the distinct impression they weren't pampered classics, merely old cars that people were still using. I saw loads of old Skodas, FSU's and other delights from our ex-Soviet comrades.

So I guess I don't have much else to say about the Olympus Pen EE3 other than GO AND BUY ONE! It's as simple as that.

In other quick news. I used up the last shot on a Bronica roll to take a self portrait, and it turned out to be one the only pictures of me I actually like. So for the sake of my own ego, here it is. along with a few more Prague PEN shots for good measure.

I love my Bronica. It's a total beast, but that's a story for another day. Bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. These Pen EE3 shots look great! I just won a Pen EE on e-bay - cant wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete